Well it just seems Tai Tam is such a big part of my blog! Yesterday I tried wakeboarding in Tai Tam. OK, I'd like to say it was my first time, but technically I did try wakeboarding once in CA like, maybe 8 years ago....can't remember exactly when that was, but a long time ago and it didn't really count...I didn't really stand up except for perhaps 5 seconds. Well the same thing initially started happening for me again yesterday. Jeff, David's friend, invited us to go wakeboarding in Tai Tam with his girlfriend. They were so good! They have been wakeboarding very often recently, so they had some skills and longevity on each try. We were very impressed! On my first like, say, 10 attempts, I kept falling down and maybe stood up for 2 seconds, and the boat driver kept suggesting "body straight, arms straight." Well, I let Jeff and Stephanie go again since they were so good. Let's just say it wasn't David's day to wakeboard (he requested not to have his picture on this post). But, on my second turn in the water, things fortunately improved! At first, same problem, but by the second or third attempt, what do you know, I was standing up!! Straighter and longer...Not sure how long, but, as the driver said, "you broke your record!" Maybe I lasted up for a minute, twice? Could it have been as long as two minutes? I don't know. It sounds so simple to make your body straight and arms straight, but I had a hard time doing it. Once I started doing it a little more, and relaxed, and kept my right foot forward, things improved. When I was really getting the hang of it, time was up! I think I'd lke to try it again!
Jeff kicking butt wakeboarding.
Stephanie and Jeff, awesome wakeboarders
Our boat driver gives a shaka as Stephanie snoozes.
Kim tries very hard not to fall.
Kim is happy there's been some improvement in her wakeboarding today.
Kim waiting for the boat so she can try again.
Yay, this was fun after all!
3 comments:
hikim ,have a nice time,rock your vacation
hi,kim ,have a nice time,rock your vacation
Awesome Kim!!! Looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment