The other day I ran/hiked from my apartment in the western part of Hong Kong island to the eastern part. I was so excited to try this out as I kept learning more about places to run and realized it could be done via many of the great paths/trails on the island. I went from Mid Levels West to Tai Tam Tuk along 4 of Hong Kong island's 5 country parks that run through its middle section. It was approximately 10-11.5 miles (who knows for sure, my Garmin Forerunner GPS device acts up in Hong Kong, so depends if you are going with the device or the data uploaded on the database, which somehow differs). The photos in this slideshow start atop the peak in Lung Fu Shan country park (which you know about if you read my post Evening Run to the Peak), with views out to Pok Fu Lam Country Park and islands beyond in the west. Then I go through part of Aberdeen Country Park via Black's Link, with views out to both the north and the south of the island, depending on which section. After Black's Link, the running really turned to hiking as I entered the Tai Tam Country Park, which you also know about (at least you know about the section at the end with the Tai Tam Tuk Reservoir Rd) if you viewed my Tai Tam Tuk 5k post. Some great scenery, surprising quiet and solitude is found in the middle of Hong Kong island and displayed for you in my photos, which I took on my BlackBerry's camera, so not the best quality, but there are some pretty pictures here. I think might be the last of my Hong Kong running slideshows, at least for a while.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment