

This is a belated blog update. Back on Feb 8th, David PR'd (ran a Personal Record) in the marathon at the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon. He had a chip time of 3:47:03! He says he was disappointed with the first half and then ran a super fast 10k between mile 13.1 and 18.3, then tried his best to get to the finish, which he did, but not without vomiting somewhere in the last few miles. He was so fast that he was honestly in a taxi heading home before I even got to see him finish. Based on his recent training, I felt sure he'd be coming in around 4 hours or later, so this was a surprise.
I also ran in the half marathon race. It was just ok for me at 1:55:55. It was my birthday two days before that and I had a bit of stomach problems on Saturday, possibly from too much drinking when I went out with Andrea for my birthday a couple nights before, or possibly I just had food poisoning....anyway. It was good to go do a race, although it was a ways off from a PR for me.

Next race for me is this Sunday where I'll be running a 10k....HOPEFULLY to PR, but we'll see. At this point, my Nagano Marathon is only 4 weeks away!! Only 1 more long run and then I'll be tapering.
No comments:
Post a Comment