


I returned a short time ago from the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception's "Midnight Mass". I went to the 8 pm service, so it wasn't exactly midnight, but they are having one at midnight and also, I suppose 8 pm is also kind of middle of the night. Anyhow, it was really beautiful. I don't recall when I last went to Christmas Eve or Christmas Day mass in a Catholic church...some years....but this one was beautiful. It was my first time to this cathedral. I had also been to St. Joseph's Church a few weeks ago, but this one was more to my liking. It was a full house, and there was a lot of singing to songs such as O Come All Ye Faithful, Angels We Have Heard on High (I like the "Glo-o-o-o-ria, Glo-o-o-ria, Glo-o-o-o-oo-ria in excelsis De-e-o"). I took a couple photos on my blackberry, which I realize is increasingly taking terrible night photos...but, you will have an idea of the beautiful cathedral. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment